Ups Store - Warranty Repair Went Awry
On 5/12 I took a large item to the UPS Store in North Arlington TX off Lamar St for a pack and ship return option on a warranty repair being charged to the Guitar Center Pro Coverage account. I brought this item in with the shipping label and specific instructions on how to both package and bill this item with points in BOLD stating that the item needed to be double boxed or UPS would not cover any damages to this item unless this happened. The store rep (he appeared to be the owner) argued with me about this point saying it would be too costly to box that way. When I left he confirmed that he would package it properly and that UPS would be responsible because they were doing the packaging and those instructions were if I did it myself.
The item returns to me eventually in the same box they shipped it in and when I un-package it I notice it is cracked on all corners, the seams had separated, and there were chunks of wood missing from the item. I filed a claim promptly with UPS, they picked up my item for inspection, and later denied the claim for "improper packaging", I am still contesting this in a back and forth between UPS--UPS Store--the Shipper--and the Warranty Coverage Service. The only party seeming to work to fix the situation is the Warranty Coverage Service.
The frustration comes most because the store refused to follow specific instructions when they were being paid for! The result is I am without a $700 item that I use as part of my business to pay my bills and have no idea when I will get it back. I'm frustrated at UPS in general for playing the finger pointing game between the entities at the expense of the consumer. I'm pretty sure the manufacturer has already paid almost the total value of this equipment in packaging, shipping, insurance, shipping again, etc to have it destroyed.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Improper Packaging
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I had sold an item and had Central Transport for the carrier to ship from Missouri to Florida. My product was securely strapped to the pallet and wrapped. ..."
- "I was expecting my delivery yesterday since the tracker indicated that my delivery is out for delivery. Early this morning, i checked again the the tracker since I haven't receive..."
- "I had asked the UPS store clerk to change the date of service for my mail to Canada for an earlier delivery date and they, first, said it was..."
- "I bought this ring to give to my wife on Mothers Day 2016. A week after I gave it to her she showed me the spots under the stone...."
- "Description: Did not honor advertised price of a used carI recently purchased a 2002 Honda Accord from Southwest Kia. During the transaction period, June 1st to June 3rd, I brought..."
- "On February 9th 2016 at 2am, we arrived at orlando international airport. We had rented a car using priceline.com, and we went to to get it from Dollar Rent Company...."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."
- "HI i recently purchased the instyler max, as i was letting it heat up to full capacity i had it sitting on the so called heat pad and lucky i..."
- "My Sister from AL Khor Qatar sent me money via trans fast worth P 20,223.35 which I received it at mlhuilier just only P 20,098.00. Where's the remaining P 125.35?..."