Ups Store - Warranty Repair Went Awry
On 5/12 I took a large item to the UPS Store in North Arlington TX off Lamar St for a pack and ship return option on a warranty repair being charged to the Guitar Center Pro Coverage account. I brought this item in with the shipping label and specific instructions on how to both package and bill this item with points in BOLD stating that the item needed to be double boxed or UPS would not cover any damages to this item unless this happened. The store rep (he appeared to be the owner) argued with me about this point saying it would be too costly to box that way. When I left he confirmed that he would package it properly and that UPS would be responsible because they were doing the packaging and those instructions were if I did it myself.
The item returns to me eventually in the same box they shipped it in and when I un-package it I notice it is cracked on all corners, the seams had separated, and there were chunks of wood missing from the item. I filed a claim promptly with UPS, they picked up my item for inspection, and later denied the claim for "improper packaging", I am still contesting this in a back and forth between UPS--UPS Store--the Shipper--and the Warranty Coverage Service. The only party seeming to work to fix the situation is the Warranty Coverage Service.
The frustration comes most because the store refused to follow specific instructions when they were being paid for! The result is I am without a $700 item that I use as part of my business to pay my bills and have no idea when I will get it back. I'm frustrated at UPS in general for playing the finger pointing game between the entities at the expense of the consumer. I'm pretty sure the manufacturer has already paid almost the total value of this equipment in packaging, shipping, insurance, shipping again, etc to have it destroyed.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Improper Packaging
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "UPS Claims DisputePackage was picked up by UPS at my home 2/15/13 (Friday) in DelawareThe item was wrapped and taped with card board, forming an inner box around the item,..."
- "I ordered one wii and to mini wiis I had all of my packages to sign on delivery I even went as far as providing a email address so that..."
- "Placed an order with Amazon Prime 2day shipping on Nov 28. It's now December 4.Package was again, not delivered.Every day for the last week, it's been out for delivery and..."
- "My mom was in a car accident around 7:40 pm on 8/25/15. My sister got there and was still on the cell phone. I could hear the guys cursing at..."
- "I've had my iPhone 6s Plus about a month and immediately put it in a life proof case, but I've been thinking to return my life proof case since I..."
- "I went to the whataburger in Arlington texas. I went through the drive through and it took forever! 15 minutes top. When I opened the food it was all messy..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."