1.3
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

A caution to anyone shipping UPS.When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you.

In this full length, small print paper which probably 90% of customers do not read, you sign that you are taking all responsibility for damages caused in shipping, you are not putting insurance on those packages as they do not provide insurance. What you are paying for is what they call "declared value". Should you have done your own packing, they have explained to you that they are not responsible because you did your own packing unless you can prove that you have packed in accordance with UPS specifications which includes only NEW boxes, no manufacturers boxes, cardboard to withstand so may pounds per cubic feet, large bubble wrap, foam packed at least 2" around item etc. etc.

And trust me, they themselves DO NOT pack to these specifications and charge a fortune to say they did. These stores have been created by UPS to be the fall guys actually for their horrific handling of packages. However, the stores know what they are getting in to when they sign the franchise agreements. I shipped very expensive sewing machine which took me almost 4 hours to pack to be sure it was pack absolutely perfect but of course they found problems with it, damaged it to the point it can not be repaired and say I signed that I would not hold them liable.

As a result of this, I have lost almost $5000.

I have spent many, many hours on the phone with every possibility to help me reprieve my loss but am now going to have to get an attorney which they don't care because they say i signed the papers and that is what counts.I will continue to make awareness to everyone I can so that hopefully no one else has to go through this awful experience.

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #1303345

Anyone else notice the box shows it is a Brother sewing machine, but the pic of the sewing machine itself states it is a Bernina?

Hmmmm.......

I'm glad to see you can buy collectables after maybe losing your house.

Love the parallel you draw between the pain of losing a family member and the pain of losing your sewing machine. Please keep responding to our comments. Your posts obviate the need to watch the Comedy Network.

Let the store pack it next time, ***.It would then fall under their pack and ship guarantee.

Which means if it arrives broken, all you have to do is prove the value.What a doofus.

You didn't pack it properly, case dismissed

Sounds like you didn't pack it to UPS standards. Your fault. No one else's.

San Jose, California, United States #1277676

"You nicely added enough to my case."

You don't have a case, lol.

PostalUPS67

kdteel - Obviously your packaging wasn't good enough.Or else it wouldn't have been damaged.

You should leave it to the pro's.

Also, what kind of *** would uses their real name online? You don't even use your real name...a bit hypocritical, eh?

What an ***.I'm glad your item was damaged.

kdteel
to PostalUPS67 Myakka City, Florida, United States #1277391

Packages should be handled by Pros.I took a pic today of a UPS man kicking packages off the steps of his truck.

Pros? I am not the least bit surprised by your rude attitude either, as you are typical. Using foul language or indicating foul language online just proves the type of person you are. And to say I don't use my real name?

I don't know what you are reading but my actual name is kdteel, not an alias as PostalUPS67, or anonymous.

And to be glad someone's package received damage also proves the type of person you are.I will not lower myself to your standards.

to kdteel San Jose, California, United States #1277633

Hey Einstein, the driver transports and delivers packages.He doesn't pack them.

You didn't pack it sufficiently which is why it broke. Obviously you're a newbie with shipping and packaging. Next time, leave it to the pro's. Also, if the store packs it, it falls under the pack and ship guarantee.

Meaning all you have to do is prove the value and you get your refund. If you pack it UPS will find all sorts of ways to deny the claim.

Also, peanuts don't move around if you add 10-15% overflow into the box for a nice snug pack.Foam to line the box would have been okay, followed by bubbling wrapping the item itself and then floating the item in the middle of the box surrounded by peanuts.