UPS Store Price Gougers

I had to ship a netbook back to the manufacturer for warranty reasons so I decided to go to the UPS Store at 176-25 Union Tpke NY 11366. I used an old Amazon box which the lady at the counter weighed and did her best guess to the dimensions of the box. This was my mistake to let her guess the size and not take out a measuring tape. The shipment was going from New York (11366) to California (95035). I opted for ground shipping and the shipping cost came to be $28.04. I didn't think anything of it at the time, paid my bill and left.

Once I got home I was curious and hoped onto the UPS website. I entered the weight and dimensions from the receipt, which was 4 lbs and the dimensions were 18 inches length, 13 inches depth, and 5 inches width. Ground shipping from NY to CA was $20.57.

I guess lesson learned but I still will not go back to that UPS Store again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Ground Shipping
Review category
review #611105

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ups Store? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 02, 2015 #967195

When you get a shipping quote from, they do not add in ANY surcharges, like fuel, delivery area surcharges, rual surcharges, etc. My guess is that your surcharges added up to the $8 extra dollars you spent in the store.

Mar 27, 2015 #964549 Albuquerque, New Mexico

Actually, same as "the dude" were there any additional services you added? For a laptop, there likely would be additional insurance and/or signature capture. That information would not show on a payment receipt or the shipping label.

Mar 27, 2015 #964449 Cincinnati, Ohio

Did you add any insurance to the package? Was it going to a residence or business? Not trying to dispute your argument, I just know that these factors can increase the price of shipping.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.