100% full Not resolved
Additional Fees

I had to ship a netbook back to the manufacturer for warranty reasons so I decided to go to the UPS Store at 176-25 Union Tpke NY 11366. I used an old Amazon box which the lady at the counter weighed and did her best guess to the dimensions of the box. This was my mistake to let her guess the size and not take out a measuring tape. The shipment was going from New York (11366) to California (95035). I opted for ground shipping and the shipping cost came to be $28.04. I didn't think anything of it at the time, paid my bill and left.

Once I got home I was curious and hoped onto the UPS website. I entered the weight and dimensions from the receipt, which was 4 lbs and the dimensions were 18 inches length, 13 inches depth, and 5 inches width. Ground shipping from NY to CA was $20.57.

I guess lesson learned but I still will not go back to that UPS Store again.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to issue a partial refund as the author lost $8. This person is overall dissatisfied with Ups Store and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about ground shipping at Ups Store was price and workers Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ups Store.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Shipping category for more informed decision or compare Ups Store to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Ups Store?

Comments

When you get a shipping quote from UPS.com, they do not add in ANY surcharges, like fuel, delivery area surcharges, rual surcharges, etc. My guess is that your surcharges added up to the $8 extra dollars you spent in the store.

Nick1346
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #964549

Actually, same as "the dude" were there any additional services you added? For a laptop, there likely would be additional insurance and/or signature capture. That information would not show on a payment receipt or the shipping label.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #964449

Did you add any insurance to the package? Was it going to a residence or business? Not trying to dispute your argument, I just know that these factors can increase the price of shipping.