So last Friday I went to my local UPS store to ship off these brand two new iPhone 6 which I had stood in line for the whole night to get.The phones were bought at retail so I paid close to $1900 dollars.
So I walk in the store and have the employees package the phones for me in a box. I chose the Next day delivery. The girl working there asked me if I wanted to get insurance. Now in my head I'm thinking it'll get there tomorrow and I wasn't too worried about it getting damaged because they were brand new phones which are packaged pretty well by apple.
So I choose to be a little stingy and not get the insurance (bad move). So I pay for the shipping get the tracking number etc. Next day I check with my sister ( it was around noon when they should've arrived) and she tells me no phones yet. I tell her not to worry that they'll show up by the end of the day.
By now I was feeling pretty happy with myself thinking I just saved $120 dollars on shipping. So no phones showed up that day and I didn't think too much of it figuring UPS is just busy with this whole iPhone launch thing. So monday rolls around ( exactly 3 days from shipping day) and still no phones. Now I'm worried I call my local UPS store and get told by some rude employee that they don't have the package and that the driver from the warehouse came and picked it up on friday.
I then track my shipping label which says that the labels have been created and the package is awaiting to be picked up from the local UPS store . So clearly something isn't right because the website should've said the box getting checked in. I called corporate UPS and they notify me that they will start an investigation on the missing package. Today is tuesday and still NO PACKAGE.
I call my UPS store and the employee tells me I should wait a month and if the package doesn't show up I can file for a claim and receive the money for the shipping cost, and since I didn't get any insurance they won't pay me anything for phones. I'm in such dismay, I have a feeling that the employees at the UPS store stole my phones because after digging around on the net I learnt that the store has had other customers which have had their packages just disappear magically. The package never seem to get to the warehouse which sends them to other terminals.
My question is has this ever happened to anyone before?Also I would really appreciate someone guiding me on what I should do next.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Iphone6 Shipping
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On Sept. 18, 2012, our company received custom-made heat exchangers used in the manufacturing of research aquatics systems. Estes Express was the carrier. The crate looked fine when we got..."
- "300 E. Oakland Park Blvd. UPS store: I had a box at this location for 6 months while I was looking for a new home in Fort Lauderdale. ..."
- "I had to ship a netbook back to the manufacturer for warranty reasons so I decided to go to the UPS Store at 176-25 Union Tpke NY 11366. I..."
- "I first received an e-mail stating my business had been reviewed. It showed a mediocre rating by the CEO of MyLife, whom I have never met not had any..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- "Bought it. Loved it. It fit perfectly and was one of my favorite pieces. I followed care instructions precisely and it shrank dramatically. Dressbarn won't refund/credit me for it or..."