12.7K views
100% full Not resolved
Turnaround Time

So last Friday I went to my local UPS store to ship off these brand two new iPhone 6 which I had stood in line for the whole night to get.The phones were bought at retail so I paid close to $1900 dollars.

So I walk in the store and have the employees package the phones for me in a box. I chose the Next day delivery. The girl working there asked me if I wanted to get insurance. Now in my head I'm thinking it'll get there tomorrow and I wasn't too worried about it getting damaged because they were brand new phones which are packaged pretty well by apple.

So I choose to be a little stingy and not get the insurance (bad move). So I pay for the shipping get the tracking number etc. Next day I check with my sister ( it was around noon when they should've arrived) and she tells me no phones yet. I tell her not to worry that they'll show up by the end of the day.

By now I was feeling pretty happy with myself thinking I just saved $120 dollars on shipping. So no phones showed up that day and I didn't think too much of it figuring UPS is just busy with this whole iPhone launch thing. So monday rolls around ( exactly 3 days from shipping day) and still no phones. Now I'm worried I call my local UPS store and get told by some rude employee that they don't have the package and that the driver from the warehouse came and picked it up on friday.

I then track my shipping label which says that the labels have been created and the package is awaiting to be picked up from the local UPS store . So clearly something isn't right because the website should've said the box getting checked in. I called corporate UPS and they notify me that they will start an investigation on the missing package. Today is tuesday and still NO PACKAGE.

I call my UPS store and the employee tells me I should wait a month and if the package doesn't show up I can file for a claim and receive the money for the shipping cost, and since I didn't get any insurance they won't pay me anything for phones. I'm in such dismay, I have a feeling that the employees at the UPS store stole my phones because after digging around on the net I learnt that the store has had other customers which have had their packages just disappear magically. The package never seem to get to the warehouse which sends them to other terminals.

My question is has this ever happened to anyone before?Also I would really appreciate someone guiding me on what I should do next.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Monetary Loss: $1900.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Had an Experience with Ups Store?

Comments

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1333185

This person never came back to tell the truth. How funny.

I know it's been two years but tell me how you loose a 325lb yard ornament chicken! I'm mean really? I hope your sister finally got the iPhones or you raised Cain and got some monies back.

Los Angeles, California, United States #1214762

UPS stores are franchisees, you risk it , better go to the UPS hubs, where it is company own, see the difference

Burbank, California, United States #1205345

I purchased an item of approximately $160 over the internet, and they shipped it accordingly.Product was supposed to arrive today, not knowing my family members' schedule, I chose to use the "Authorization Release" option, which voids the need for a signature upon delivery and allow the sender to just leave the merchandise at your front door (or anywhere you prefer).

The product arrived today, and LUCKILY my sister-in-law was home, so the UPS driver then asked her to sign for the package, she refused, and thankfully she did because the box was opened and the item was missing!!!My thought is the UPS guy knew that signature is not required, therefore probably assumed no one was home, and then took the package and could always blame the neighbors/thieves for doing it, but when he realizes that someone was actually home, he tried to have my sister-in-law sign it, but *** enough to try and give her an opened, empty box.

to Anonymous #1333166

Bogus.

to Anonymous #1333169

"He" could always blame the neighbors/thieves for doing it or you could as you planned to say you didn't get it and your sister-in-law thwarted your scam? Hope you filed a Police Report because the Police will probably put that same story together that you did, Detective. You are a genius!!

Same thing happened to me.Package says just as you described in the tracking like it never left.

It probably left in their car.

I'm not going to take the $100 lost item money because if my package is found and I took the $100, they won't give me my item since the case is now closed.I remember having a bad intuitive feeling about this shipment as I walked into the UPS Store before handing my item to them.

Hi..did you ever get the package?I am so upset.

Our father sent something last Thursday to us. He took his life that night.

He wanted something to come to us and they cannot locate it.I don't know what to do

to Anonymous #1106093

Call UPS

to Anonymous #1106527

I'm sorry to hear that... No I never received the package