Ups Store - UPS damaged packages, poor service.
I ship with UPS almost daily. I do warranty work for another company and ship on both their account and my own. While using my own account, I shipped an item to a customer of mine. It arrived in a damaged condition so I promptly filed a claim. I had paid for $1000.00 of insurance and I estimate there was $375.00 worth of damages. I was told by UPS that they would not pay the claim because the item was improperly packaged. I have sent dozens of this same item the same exact way without any damage over several years. Ok, I was mad. I had to take care of the repair myself. Money down the drain...
Fast forward a few weeks (after watching the UPS guy toss around box after box, carelessly): I receive the box in the attached picture. I inferred from the condition of the box that UPS couldn't care less about what they ship. I contacted UPS to ask why it wasn't ok for me to package something in a way they disapprove of but it WAS ok for them to damage my packaging!?!
The answer I received was startling: "You can expect external damage to your packages." Seriously, the person on the other end of the chat admitted that I have to package to their standards because they will damage the packaging! BULL$*#@!
Here's the lesson - Although UPS has me over a barrel, I will NEVER purchase insurance through them. If you ship a lot, get private shipping insurance. UPS is disgraceful and I will switch carriers as soon as a more viable option becomes available. To top it all off, I found out that a package I sent Next Day Air took almost a week to arrive! DOWN WITH UPS!!!!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Package Delivery Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I contracted with Marine Corps Movers through uShip to move a motorcycle from Orlando to NJ. I purchased additional insurance through the uShip site just in case. The shipper dropped..."
- "I ordered one wii and to mini wiis I had all of my packages to sign on delivery I even went as far as providing a email address so that..."
- "Friday the 18th of feb i went to UPS store in Rio Grande, nj to express shipp a package for one of my customers who need a birthday outfit for..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."
- "Just as others have stated, I should have read reviews first. I am so disappointed and frustrated with this joke of a company. However, I have filed a complaint with..."
- "Watch out for Lam.Nguyen @infinitioftampa.com , he'll attempt to scam you. I was interested in a pre-owned QX56 and he scammed me for over three days leading me to believe..."