I went to ship a box to Australia and was advised that shipping via USPS would be cheaper and that they could take care of that for me. It ended up costing me approx 90% more for them to ship it USPS than if I took the box to the post office myself. I know, shame on me for not checking, but shame on them for raping people so badly for the "service".

Had an Experience with Ups Store?

Comments

I used the UPS store in (Newport)downtown Jersey City, NJ. I was charged 2nd Day Air for a package that was going from Jersey City to Mahwah (about 35 miles away).

I called upa nd asked about the charge ( more than twice UPS Ground) especially since there is no air service between the two locations. I was told I was charged that because it was a document, had it been a package (in a box), I could have sent it ground.

Makes NO SENSE to me!

goci

I am sure there are more competitive services out there. For instance, from my experience, The UPS Store at Delaware (US) has over priced packaging and forwarding compared to others like Parcel Room.

Marking prices up over the actual cost is how the economy works.If I, as a business owner, buy for example oranges for 25 cents each, I don't sell them for 25 cents, or 27 cents or 29 cents.

You mark them up to a price that makes your time and effort worthwhile.

A 90% markup (to 47 cents per orange in our example) is pretty standard.Postage is not an exception to this rule.