This is to inform and warn other people against using the UPS Store Location #4159 in Benicia, CA 94510

I have been a mail box customer at that location for roughly 4 years. Recently I received a notification to renew my mailbox subscription. When I called the store I requested to know when was the last time I renewed the mailbox. I was told 1-year ago. At that time, I indicated I was given a promotion of 15-mths for the 1-yr subscription price. The person on the phone indicated that there was nothing in the system indicating the promotion had been given. I then asked to speak to the owner. I explained the situation and even gave her a description of the person I had dealt with the last time I renewed. She said they no longer worked there (it was a family member by the way) and that she would not honor the promotion as she did not see anything in the system. I explained that the only reason that I renewed a year ago is that I was promised the extra three months and would have gone to another company at that time if the promotion was not extended. She said she would renew it today and apply the promotion but refused to honor the promotion that I should have already received upon the last renewal. I indicated that I will not be renewing and will take my business elsewhere given that fact the owner refused to honor the promotion due. She then got angry and said " so your terminating your box?" and I replied that yes since she was not willing to honor what was promised that I would be taking my business elsewhere. I then indicated that I would be lodging a complaint with the BBB. To which she replied "You do whatever you want" then hung-up on me.

As an additional note, this incident comes on the heels of 6+ months of poor customer service for the mailbox service and a staff that is unable to assist with even simple tasks. I have lodged a complaint with the customer relations at the UPS Store corporate headquarters. Apparently, they are individually owned and as such I have no recourse. All the customer relations will do is log and keep the complaint on the franchisees file. I have also filed a complaint with the BBB to which the owner apparently will care less.

In summation I have never been treated so poorly by a retail establishment and would warn any and everyone against using this establishment.

Had an Experience with Ups Store?

Comments

The 15 month for the price of one year promotion is for new boxholders only, not existing ones, which I'm sure the owner told you when you asked about it, but conveniently omitted from your complaint.

Abefijopuv

The UPS Store is a franchise name for what used to be known as Mailboxes ETC.(MBE).They do have local UPS corporate reps for the regions they are in that are from United Parcel Service (UPS) Ask for them thru UPS or look up MBE corporate.

Owners often act as managers for their stores and if they have been serving you poorly it's likely the owner is seeing profits go down and might explain the bad attitude.Stay on them and corporate might sort you out.

I always find it hard to believe when people say the manager yelled at them or talked down to them. Very few managers would be dumb enough to risk their job over this.