So to begin, a little background: I live with my mother, we rent out the basement of a house.We share the same address, we don't have a suite # or an A and B address.
We just share the address and separate out mail. We have been low on money and were waiting for her check to arrive. We needed money for bills urgently and she decided to have it over-nighted through UPS. Day 1: The UPS guy left a "first attempt" note on the front door.
That was out fault. After all how could he have known the "front door" to our basement studio apartment was on the side of the house down a walkway. We decided to leave a 12" by 12" note for him. Bold black letters: UPS and explaining where we live, how to get there and a phone number.
We taped it up where he could see it and hoped for the best. Day 2: a "second attempt" not was left. The letter was taped up at the beginning of the wheelchair ramp that leads to the land lady's front door. If I could post a picture I would.
The note was big and bold and was right on front of the only slim walkway to her door. How could he have missed it? My mom was obviously upset. She called and explained to a supervisor who made rude excuses and then hung up.
She called back and waited on hold 30 minutes to speak to another supervisor. (Guess the supervisors were busy with other very angry customers. Rightly so.) The new supervisor was told the situation, he said he couldn't do anything about it tonight, made more excuses. She told the supervisor to just make a note and let the UPS driver know ahead of time and he said he would.
Day 3: I was walking up the hill to get to my house and low and behold I see the UPS truck driving by. I had a bad feeling and ran up the hill as fast as I could to catch him. I ran up and I saw him up on the porch writing what I assume was the "last attempt". I ripped off the sign and showed it to him, very angry at that point and he laughed and said "I didn't see that, how was I supposed to see that." Smug, cocky, a ***.
My mom heard something and came out. After a good *** chewing I walked away and heard him threaten my mother that he was going to take the check back with him. We do not have a car and it would be difficult to go get. Besides that, $35 was paid to have it there OVER NIGHT.
The mistake I may have just forgotten had it not been for the extremely rude and unprofessional behavior by every single person at UPS that we spoke to. My mom and I both work customer service jobs and we know what customer service is. Nobody at UPS was apologetic, polite. Nobody wanted to help.
And nobody did help. So not only did the driver miss the huge sign twice, two "supervisors" and he driver were rude and did nothing to fix the matter.
Needless to say I will only be using FedEx from now on.In fact we have used FedEx before, left a MUCH smaller sign, and wouldn't you know it, he managed to deliver it to our door on the first try.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Delivery Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "So last Friday I went to my local UPS store to ship off these brand two new iPhone 6 which I had stood in line for the whole night to..."
- "Uship is one of the biggest and most visible money making illegitimate company's in North America. They are a broker in every definition of the word and description by charging..."
- "I had asked the UPS store clerk to change the date of service for my mail to Canada for an earlier delivery date and they, first, said it was..."
- "J R , the assistant manager at the salinas store, was not only unwilling to honor the price guarentee, his rude mannerism made me feel humiliated and embarrassed and then..."
- " I went to my neighbor store that I trust Safeway store in Emeryville California And I bought some grocery Some of them Coca-Cola products ..."
- "Look, we have all heard the issues with these big cross country moving companies. Thing is, I have done it three times and this last time was a terrible experience...."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."
- "I had been purchasing a Redmi Note 3 from ezbuy Malaysia (65daigou); placing the order on 3rd Aug 2016 and receive the phone on 13rd Aug 2016. Upon the reception..."