Ups Store - Guy missed a sign TWICE, extremely rude and unhelpful supervisors
So to begin, a little background: I live with my mother, we rent out the basement of a house.We share the same address, we don't have a suite # or an A and B address.
We just share the address and separate out mail. We have been low on money and were waiting for her check to arrive. We needed money for bills urgently and she decided to have it over-nighted through UPS. Day 1: The UPS guy left a "first attempt" note on the front door.
That was out fault. After all how could he have known the "front door" to our basement studio apartment was on the side of the house down a walkway. We decided to leave a 12" by 12" note for him. Bold black letters: UPS and explaining where we live, how to get there and a phone number.
We taped it up where he could see it and hoped for the best. Day 2: a "second attempt" not was left. The letter was taped up at the beginning of the wheelchair ramp that leads to the land lady's front door. If I could post a picture I would.
The note was big and bold and was right on front of the only slim walkway to her door. How could he have missed it? My mom was obviously upset. She called and explained to a supervisor who made rude excuses and then hung up.
She called back and waited on hold 30 minutes to speak to another supervisor. (Guess the supervisors were busy with other very angry customers. Rightly so.) The new supervisor was told the situation, he said he couldn't do anything about it tonight, made more excuses. She told the supervisor to just make a note and let the UPS driver know ahead of time and he said he would.
Day 3: I was walking up the hill to get to my house and low and behold I see the UPS truck driving by. I had a bad feeling and ran up the hill as fast as I could to catch him. I ran up and I saw him up on the porch writing what I assume was the "last attempt". I ripped off the sign and showed it to him, very angry at that point and he laughed and said "I didn't see that, how was I supposed to see that." Smug, cocky, a ***.
My mom heard something and came out. After a good *** chewing I walked away and heard him threaten my mother that he was going to take the check back with him. We do not have a car and it would be difficult to go get. Besides that, $35 was paid to have it there OVER NIGHT.
The mistake I may have just forgotten had it not been for the extremely rude and unprofessional behavior by every single person at UPS that we spoke to. My mom and I both work customer service jobs and we know what customer service is. Nobody at UPS was apologetic, polite. Nobody wanted to help.
And nobody did help. So not only did the driver miss the huge sign twice, two "supervisors" and he driver were rude and did nothing to fix the matter.
Needless to say I will only be using FedEx from now on.In fact we have used FedEx before, left a MUCH smaller sign, and wouldn't you know it, he managed to deliver it to our door on the first try.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Delivery Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM OPERATING AS A MOVING COMPANY! My wife and I hired them to move us from South Carolina to California. My wife spent the majority..."
- "Radiator in my truck started leaking (plastic tanks) - so I ordered a new all metal radiator. UPS shows up and my wife sees the box and told him..."
- "We struggled to raise money to purchase a convection oven for our non-profit that utilizes a small commercial kitchen to produce meals for underprivileged and also support other non-profits. After months..."
- "I ordered two coats that I loved on the website. when I received them they looked terrible. One had a chemical smell besides being badly constructed, the other was badly..."
- "UNBELIEVABLE WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL: this faux fur jacket looked so nice online and looked like a joke costume for a child once it arrived, totally plastic & mailing..."
- "In December 2014, Walgreens completed its strategic combination with Alliance Boots to establish Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. things went bad very quickly!!! Greg Wasson was forced out. With Greg Wasson..."
- " Disgusted with this company. I'd just set up my own Ltd company, and being completely naive and trusting, I was told by a rather smug *** scammer known as..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."
- " It is unfortunate that with very few cars, early Sunday afternoon, yet it took 50 min. For my food to come out. Not only was the meat cold, but..."