1.4

For safety reasons I had a package shipped to the local UPS store. I do this all the time at FEDEX and it works out great.

They never called that it arrived, so I stopped by. They told me they Don't call, it is up to me to know it is there. Then they insisted I pay them $5.00 for storage to get my package.

This is extortion, as they were holding my package ransom and if I didn't pay, I could not have my package. They told me since I didn't have an account with this store, that was the way it way.

Well, UPS just lost me as a customer for life!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Extortion of fees on unsuspecting customers.

Comments

The UPS Store is a independently owned franchise, where FedEX is corporate. You're lucky the store accepted it, if you do not have a mailbox at one the the store locations and have not notified the store beforehand they are supposed to refuse it when the driver delivers it.

The UPS Stores are not set up to receive random packages. There are several programs offered by the Stores to get packages there and they have a cost.

Sheer volume alone is one of several reasons they can't receive and hold packages for free. The main UPS hubs will hold packages for you at no charge.