I wanted to return an eBay purchase. I sent it back to the return address given on the original shipping label. It turned out that the return address was that of the UPS Store it had been shipped from. When it arrived, the operator called me. She said they could hold it if the seller agreed to pay a fee for pickup. I asked them to hold it while I contacted the seller, but they sent it back to me within hours. The seller turned up soon after, but the package was gone.
The original shipping label listed two addresses. When the package came back to me, I naturally shipped it to the second one. But it was the same UPS store. She called me again, and I asked her to ship it to the seller. I said I was willing to pay for it, but I thought they should because the mixup was their fault. The operator became very angry and refused to hold the package or ship it, either one.
The seller is a frequent customer and the package originated at their store; I feel that they had an obligation to facilitate the return. Now I have to pay a *third* time to send the same package back to the same person.
This wouldn't have happened IF:
The UPS store hadn't used their own address as the return address
They hadn't listed two versions of their own address
They'd held it just a little while longer the first time
They'd held the package or shipped it the second time
A little customer service wouldn't have cost them anything; but the lack DID cost me money.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Rude Customer Service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I Do NOT recommend AM Trucking and Delivery Service, 714 Montauk Ave., rooklyn, NY 11208, (718) 272-5900: - Missed estimated delivery by 4 days - Don’t know where their drivers are -..."
- "We moved from OH to KS.Legally they had 21 days to get here.The day after, they get here.We called Karin, the dispatcher, several times, continuing to lie about the ETA,..."
- "Movers caused damage to building and property April 24, Miami, Florida Arrived with truck too small; demanded more than agreed upon price on moving day; either their hand, feet and/or..."
- "We are currently building a house in Fletcher, NC and you would think I was on their payroll as much inspecting and pointing out corrections of issues in our house...."
- "I bought my ShopKeep POS system/peripherals through them. From the start, they didn't include a cable (mini USB charger ) to keep my iPad running. Then told me I can..."
- "I totally agree with most of the reviews. I am currently a tenant with ah4r for the past 3 years. I can't wait until my lease is up. I recently..."