UPS Store - Closed Early - Downtown Los Angeles on 9th St

Oct 17, 2013
review #453135

I called the store at 7:20pm to ask what time they closed.The employee said 8pm, but they "start to close the store" at 7:30pm.

I asked him to clarify what he meant, and he said that they shut down the cash registers at 7:45pm. He asked me if I had a pre-printed packing slip which I did, so in reality I only needed to physically drop off this package. I did not need to make a purchase.

I arrived at 7:55pm, and the store lights were off, the door was blocked and there was a barricaded closed, as it common in retail stores for security reasons.

It was obvious they had closed the store prior to 8pm.

I drove 30 minutes one-way to make the drop off time, and it was extremely frustrating to have them close early even after calling to confirm it.I have a very time-sensitive package that needs to be mailed for a client that only receives packages via UPS unfortunately.

ab29f64
Had an experience with UPS Store?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Nick1346

Oct 26, 2013 Albuquerque, New Mexico

Oh, also. How does not being able to enter the store cost you $500? I mean, you didn't even make it in the store, how did they steal, or scam you out of $500?

0 0 Reply
Nick1346

Oct 26, 2013 Albuquerque, New Mexico

LOL!!!!! That's a good one! You realize that their clock may be perfectly on time and yours is 5 minutes off??? 5 minutes is negligible. UPS picks up the store's packages usually 30 minutes before they close so your package wasn't going anywhere buddy.

1 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about UPS Store.
Filing a new complaint about
×