UPS Store - Closed Early - Downtown Los Angeles on 9th St

42 of 242 Ups Store Reviews
Oct 17, 2013
review #453135

I called the store at 7:20pm to ask what time they closed.The employee said 8pm, but they "start to close the store" at 7:30pm.

I asked him to clarify what he meant, and he said that they shut down the cash registers at 7:45pm. He asked me if I had a pre-printed packing slip which I did, so in reality I only needed to physically drop off this package. I did not need to make a purchase.

I arrived at 7:55pm, and the store lights were off, the door was blocked and there was a barricaded closed, as it common in retail stores for security reasons.

It was obvious they had closed the store prior to 8pm.

I drove 30 minutes one-way to make the drop off time, and it was extremely frustrating to have them close early even after calling to confirm it.I have a very time-sensitive package that needs to be mailed for a client that only receives packages via UPS unfortunately.

8abd2b4
Had an experience with UPS Store?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
42 of 242 Ups Store Reviews
Nick1346

Oct 26, 2013 Albuquerque, New Mexico

Oh, also. How does not being able to enter the store cost you $500? I mean, you didn't even make it in the store, how did they steal, or scam you out of $500?

0 0 Reply
Nick1346

Oct 26, 2013 Albuquerque, New Mexico

LOL!!!!! That's a good one! You realize that their clock may be perfectly on time and yours is 5 minutes off??? 5 minutes is negligible. UPS picks up the store's packages usually 30 minutes before they close so your package wasn't going anywhere buddy.

1 0 Reply

×
You were reading a complaint about UPS Store.
Filing a new complaint about
×